Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baseball or hockey? You decide








Nine-year old baseball is a rough sport, and not just for the players. The picture on the left is the result of a very fast ball striking this young man in the eye. At the time of this picture, three days after the incident, he was unable to open his eye. Strangely, he still wants to play baseball.

The picture on the right is the bruise that I am currently sporting on my upper abdomen as a result of a first-baseman not catching the ball, and allowing it to hurl toward me like a bullet. Why, you ask, was I not behind the backstop with the rest of the parents? Because I chose to risk life and limb in order to take very exciting action photos of the children. I may have to rethink where I am going to stand.

2 comments:

SSP said...

or get one of those umpire pads!! ouch!! sara

Briana said...

I took some pictures at last night's game, but I stood very far back! Of course, then the coaches or umpires would get in the way, but I guess that's the way it goes.