Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Ten Reasons I Love Omaha
1. It's the home of the College World Series. Final game between University of North Carolina (purple) and Fresno State (who went on to win the championship). Lots of cute boys!
2. No one is in a hurry. And I mean NO ONE! Not the dude at McDonalds, not any of the waitstaff in any of the restaurants, and not even the elevators.
3. Lesbian t-shirt shop with all of my favorite feminist quotes imprinted on t-shirts. I purchased "Well-behaved women seldom make history," "This is what a feminist looks like," and "Speak your mind even if your voice is shaking."
4. Museum of Military Vehicles. The photo speaks for itself!
5. Applebee's restaurant, which, despite it's excruciatingly slow service (see #2 above), still managed to smush Brody's finger in a chair, and now, despite my complete inattention, persists in prodding me to sue them. (And they say lawyers are litigious). Go figure.
6. Hot, humid, rain, mosquitos. Enough said.
7. The mind-twisting logic that says a casino attached to a hotel, but partially over the Missouri River, is not on land, and, therefore, legal.
8. It's nine hours away.
9. My mother isn't there.
10. Hmmm. I'll let you know when I think of something else.