Monday, August 2, 2010

Where's My Receipt?

I just deposited Skeletor in California, and I didn't get a fricking receipt!

Why do I need a receipt, you ask?

Because the receipt is what says "All sales final," and "No returns!"

It's only a matter of time. One day soon, Trish is going to call me to inquire about the return procedure.

I need proof that there are NO returns! EVER!

I don't know what I was thinking! I'm a lawyer for Christ's sake! I'm supposed to know to get things in writing!

I know. It's an implied contract. No one would ask an elderly woman to give up her apartment, sell most of her belongings, uproot herself, and take her away from her favorite daughter only to send her back. Right?

Every lawyer aspires to argue a case before the US Supreme Court - I just might have one!

No comments: