Monday, September 28, 2009

The Great Escape

I begged my cousin to keep driving.


No, I pleaded.

I didn't really want to leave my uncle in Ireland, but sometimes collateral damage is necessary for the common good.
He stopped. Damn it! He must not love me!
Tom should've been with me about this. In the middle of our 8 hour drive across the country to pick up Charmaine in Dublin, (don't get me started on that), Tom pulled over and said he had to go to the bathroom. He hightailed it across the street into a pub.
Given the opportunity to pee, I ran after him. He was not, in fact, in the bathroom. He was sitting at the counter ordering a beer. He told the bartender that he had to get away from "the two old farts" who were driving us nuts in the car. Understanding his frustration, I joined him.
Eventually the 2 old farts found us and we got back in the car.
I think my Skeletor and I need to take a trip to Africa!





You might wonder why I would want to leave Skeletor in Ireland. That is, if you haven't met her.



1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Ha ha. That's the funniest thing I ever read.

Don't even get ME started on my foiled trip to Dublin. 4K was a high price to pay...for nothing.