Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Best Friend is a Bitch!


This is Sophia.
Ok, Sophie.
I wanted to name her Maggie, but apparently she was attached to the name that she had been given at birth and the year that followed thereafter (that bitch)!
She's a Goldendoodle (golden retriever/poodle mix). We got her from the Golden Retriever Rescue Shelter. Apparently, the owner was being treated for lung cancer and couldn't take care of her anymore. The Rescue people said they could hear the owner's 10-year old son crying in the background as they took Sophie away.
Bummer for him!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful girl! And a politically correct adoption, too!Is she the dog that you saw at the liquor store?

SSP said...

adorable!!!! she looks very sweet!

Briana said...

She is sweet. When Dan's not home she jumps on the bed and sleeps on his pillow. When he's home she has to stay off the bed so she's very confused.

The people from the liquor store never called me. I found this shelter online and I had to send in an application and wait until a Goldendoodle showed up. I thought I'd have to wait a long time since they are a small shelter and don't get a lot of doodles, but then she did. Yeah!